Saturday, June 07, 2008

Project 365 - Day 4: Underground

I went into DC today. I probably shouldn't have because the temperature was 95 degrees with 100% humidity, but oh well; what's art without suffering, eh? I went around to the the various memorials that I've never visited before: Lincoln, World War 2, and the Vietnam Wall, among others - and I was plastered with sweat after the walk.

washington metro: smithsonian station
1/25 second at f/4.0. 17-85mm lens at 17mm. ISO 1600.

This is a picture of an underground metro station - the Smithsonian stop. People always remark on the beauty of the vaulted ceilings, and I agree. Though the subway system in DC is no match for the one in New York City, it's much better looking. I was actually surprised at how many other people were also out fighting the heat. Click on any of the pictures to go to my complete flickr album for today's foray.

lincoln memorial world war 2 memorial

2 comments:

Bryce W Maddock said...

I love the photos man. Keep them coming.

Mystery Girl said...

Hmm, I see the metro everyday and it never looks that good... that must mean you really know what you're doing!

bobbypd. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr