Sunday, January 06, 2008

The First Post

In an attempt to free myself - at least on the weekends - of the tediousness of my job in finance, I decided to try my hand at photography. I'm a beginner/amateur at best for now (hence "dilettante"); I only purchased my first dSLR last fall, so I would appreciate any comments/critiques/questions of the images I put up here.

I keep most of my photos on Flickr, but I thought I'd showcase some of the better ones here. Most of the images will enlarge if you click on them. If that's still not large enough, I keep all the full size 5.0+ MB images on my computer so if you really want to see it, ask nicely and I'll consider sending it to you. Enjoy!

As of January 2008, I am armed with the following -

Body:
Canon Digital Rebel XTi

Lenses:
EFS 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
EF 50mm f/1.4 USM

I also have the EFS 18-55mm kit lens, which is a decent kit lens especially for the small premium over the body alone, but I never use it since the EFS 17-85mm lens covers the same range with better results.

Books:
Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi/400D by Charlotte K. Lowrie
Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi EOS 400D by Michael Guncheon
Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson
Learning to See Creatively by Bryan Peterson

Misc:
Lowepro Slingshot 100 AW Camera Bag

Pictures to come shortly!

UPDATE 01 June 2008/ I've been adding old posts from various places, so any post before this one are here for archival purposes. Just in case you were wondering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pic you have already taken are awsome. You should def keep at it as a stress relief from work.

bobbypd. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr