Monday, January 07, 2008

A Walk in Central Park

Central Park (or any other park) seems to be a good place to start for the amateur photographer. There's a nice mix of people, animals, things, and events going on at any given time, so there's no shortage of photo opportunities.







Bethesda Terrace and Angel Statue in front of The Lake in Central Park. This is a fountain but the water is shut off in the winter. In the warmer months the terrace is filled with tourists and The Lake with boaters, but in January it's a much thinner crowd. However, the fountain itself is still a draw even in the winter.




A little wooden bridge over a dried-up stream just to the side of The Lake, along the trail that wraps around it - I think this area is called The Ramble.



At this time of year, there aren't too many animals around the park except for a few squirrels and pigeons. And of course some people, but I'm not ready to start taking pictures of strangers just yet.





Well, I guess I was ready after all. This (apparently homeless) guy created a flower arrangement on the ground in the shape of a peace sign, with pictures of John Lennon scattered around. I think he wanted tips, but I didn't see where people were leaving him money so I didn't. Where he gets fresh flower petals in the middle of winter I do not know.



Belvedere Castle
. The sunset and ominous cloud formations made for a great end to the day.

No comments:

bobbypd. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr